Friday, June 17, 2011

"I've grown up a lot since before dinner."



- Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles is one of my favorite galleries because a) they sell affordable and awesome prints and b) they have exhibits that pay tribute to comedians, famous books, video games, and one of my favorite movies of all time "Wet Hot American Summer." View the prints here and the paintings here. The fact that this exhibit exists says to me that you really can do anything you want. Anything.


- The current issue of "Under the Radar." The theme is "Music vs Comedy" but really it is a wicked awesome fusion of the two. There are interviews with comedians who sing, singers who do comedy, and awesome pictures of comedians dressed as musicians. To the left is Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson from "Parks and Recreation"). Another picture I remember was Ty Burrell (from "Modern Family") as Joni Mitchell. Classic.

- "Best Songs of 2011 to Air Guitar To While Naked In Your Room." You can start to see that I have an affinity for remarkably specific lists.

- Second to lastly, everyone should be listening to the "Nerdist" podcast. Chris Hardwick is fast becoming my new hero celebrating all things comedy and nerdy alike. He just interviewed Zooey Deschanel and it is delightful. My favorite interviews include: Drew Carey, Maria Bamford, Felicia Day, Donald Glover, Mike Birbiglia, Kevin Smith, Jimmy Fallon, John Oliver, and THE MUPPETS! Listening to this podcast is one of the things that finally made me start doing open-mics. It is pure nerd inspiration.

and lastly... this:


No comments:

Post a Comment