Friday, January 1, 2010

The Mayans also predicted my rise to glory in 2010

You know what causes writer's block? The desire to be perfect and you shouldn't have that desire... because I have seen your work and you're certainly not

--Stephen J. Cannell

This quote was actually uttered in jest-- but I really liked it. Now that I am out of school and have already successfully conquered Europe, I have to go out and figure out what I want to do.

The Job Search makes me break out into a cold sweat. The idea of writing a resume makes me seriously consider a life of crime. Despite my parent's suspicions, I don't actually have an aversion to "work" (one can have a deep appreciation for sleep and want to have a career). I think it is more that going through school, my interests were so varied that it is kind of hard to visualize a specific application for everything that I have learned.

So I am going to try and shed my desire to be perfect and just go out and do stuff.

Desire?

BAM--Gone!

Take that, Buddha.

2010 is going to be great.

1 comment:

  1. i love you
    you just summed up the journey of the mid-twenties in a hilarious yet poignant fashion. bravo my friend, buddha smiles upon you :)

    ReplyDelete