Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Good Ol' Days...

People are up in arms about Sigourney Weaver's character smoking in the film 'Avatar.' Anti-smoking groups feel that movies that have characters who smoke should have their rating changed to reflect that (i.e. 'Avatar's' PG-13 rating would become an R rating). James Cameron has recently answered these ridiculous claims (in a statement much more graceful and measured than mine would ever be) but I don't think it should have even been an issue. If your kid is that influenced by what he sees on TV that he has to go out and immediately act out whatever the characters on screen are doing-- you have more problems than your kid just wanting to smoke.

Its not as if this commercial is still on air...



Go see 'Avatar.' If you come out absolutely craving a cigarette, I'll buy you your first pack... and mourn your inability to think critically.
---

NOTE: I'll be in Greensboro, NC for a while and I am WAAAAAY behind in my movie watching quota. I will probably be calling every night to see if anyone wants to go with me. CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULES!

No comments:

Post a Comment