Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

So I just learned tonight that the noises I have been hearing across the marsh have not been from a construction crew-- they were BOMBS. Hunter Army Air Force is relatively close to us but I never put it together...

Anyway!

Just a couple of cool things you should know about in the glorious pointless world of pop culture:

1) DJ EARWORM ~ I love this guy. He has a lot of mash-ups at his site. The one that is really getting a lot of attention is his latest mash-up of all the hit songs of 2009 (called "Blame it on the Pop"). He has been doing this sort of thing for the past three years. You can download all of them for free at his website. Do it!




2) RICKY GERVAIS HOSTING THE GOLDEN GLOBES ~ Despite my massive love for pop culture, I think there are far too many award shows. Can't we love celebrieties without having to watch them fawn over themselves at these vapid ceremonies? I am psyched Ricky Gervais is hosting because I think he might be of the same mind.

"As I said at the Emmys, don't cry. It's just an award. Grow up. Don't thank your wife and kids. They did nothing towards that show. Don't thank your agent. They don't want to be thanked-- they want the money. If you have to thank too many people, you shouldn't be picking up the award because to be quite honest, it looks like you didn't do a lot. I want people to go: "No one to thank, did it all myself, you made the right decision, good night."


Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment