Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It was a tense 48 hours but my computer is back! Keeping up with my blog was almost the most short-lived resolution I have ever made. Anyway, I'm glad I won't disappoint the three people who actually read this.

The one thing that wasn't terrible in 2010 was the music. These were the songs I fell in love with in 2010. They aren't necessarily songs that debuted in 2010-- they were just songs that I was constantly listening to.

Songs with an asterisk = covers of songs (i.e.: the artist listed is not the original artist of the song)

Songs with a caret = my personal top ten within the list

The five albums listed are amazing throughout. Each song is fantastic.



01) A Better Son/ Daughter ^ ~ Rilo Kiley

02) All My Best* ~ My Morning Jacket

03) Ali in the Jungle ~ The Hours

04) Angel from Montgomery* ~ Old Crow Medicine Show

05) Banana Splits ~ The Dickies

06) Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)* ~ Justin Vernon

07) But the Days and Nights Are Long ^ ~ Cheryl Wheeler

08) Change of Time ~ Josh Ritter

09) Confidence ^ ~ "Sound of Music" Soundtrack

10) Dance to the Music ~ Sly and the Family Stone

11) Deeper Well ^ ~ The Wailin' Jennys

12) Downpour ~ Brandi Carlile

13) Fuck You ^ ~ Cee Lo Green

14) Heaven* ~ Brandi Carlile

15) Hot Mess ~ Cobra Starship

16) How You Like Me Now ~ The Heavy

17) Home ~ Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes

18) Lark ~ Josh Ritter

19) Late Night Grande Hotel ^ ~ Nanci Griffith

20) Lightweight ~ Jen + Abby

21) Mahna Mahna* ~ Cake

22) Old Fashioned ~ Cee Lo Green

23) Postcard Home ~ The Lost Trailers

24) Kick Ass ^ ~ Mika & Redone

25) King of Anything ~ Sara Bareilles

26) Raise Your Glass ^ ~ P!nk

27) Smoke Gets In Your Eyes ~ The Platters

28) Spanish Pipedream ^ ~ The Avett Brothers

29) The Call ~ Regina Spektor

30) The Curse ~ Josh Ritter

31) The Great Pretender ~ The Platters

32) There's A Pot A Brewin' ~ The Little Ones

33) This Door Swings Both Ways ~ Herman's Hermits

34) This Too Shall Pass ^ ~ OK Go

35) This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us ~ Sparks

36) Tightrope ~ Janelle Monae

37) Wait Til You See Me Smile ~ Alicia Keys

38) We Are Golden ~ Mika

39) With A Little Bit of Luck ~ "My Fair Lady" Soundtrack



Albums

Brothers ~ The Black Keys

I and Love and You ~ Avett Brothers

I Learned the Hard Way ~ Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings

Lungs ~ Florence + the Machine

Wake Up ~ John Legend & the Roots





3 comments:

  1. I still can't stop listening to the Florence + the Machine album. Every day. All the time. I have a problem.

    D'ye think I'd like the other albums you mentioned? Sarah Everette was raving about the Avett Brothers, but they were a little too country for me.

    Another song I listen to all the time because it makes me break into spontaneous dancing even if I'm on an exercise machine or in immediate peril: "When We're Human," from The Princess and the Frog. Let me know if you want me to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular Avett Brothers album is no more country than Ray LaMontagne. If you don't like it, though-- keep it to yourself. Its one of those things that I will get irrationally angry that you (people in general) don't like. I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO-- I don't know how to reply to comments on this thing. Its stupid and frustrating me!!!

    ReplyDelete