Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Entertainment Weekly-- you are on notice!

Things have been tense with me and 'Entertainment Weekly' for a while now. First-- the obsession with Twilight/vampires. Stop giving covers to them! Why doesn't 'Glee' have a cover? Second-- they spoiled the end of 'Battlestar Galactica.' That is a wound that can never be healed. My love for all things pop culture brought me back, though.

But EW has finally crossed the line. The current issue features a spread on The Beatles (what with Rock Band coming out and all of the old albums being re-released) which is great. The treachery, however, came when they compiled a list of the top 5 worst Beatles songs.

Now, I am not so blinded by my love for the Beatles that I don't acknowledge there are a few songs that... probably... weren't so great. There are some bad ones. I admit that! I wasn't prepared, however, for EW to assign the number one worst Beatles song to..."ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!"

Seriously?!?

The reason being is that it has been played ad nauseam to the point of parody... um-- except NO! Your criteria for "worst song" is how beloved it is?

Nice try, jaded people at EW.

I'm going to go now and have an orchestra play along while I sing about how awesome love is.

Jerks.


No comments:

Post a Comment