Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music makes the world go 'round

Today, during my daily tour around the internets, I found my new source of music for the week: Norwegian Recycling.

Norwegian Recycling is a chap who has created a BUNCH of mash-ups over the past four years. His newest video "Open Your Eyes" just came out recently.

If you like that video, his website is a treasure-trove of mash-ups.

Mash-ups are awesome. Sometimes they are the only reason I keep watching "Glee." (For weeks on end, they sound like Kidz Bop and then all of a sudden- they pull an amazing mash-up out of nowhere and my love of "Glee" is restored.)

Plus, sometimes the combination of different songs makes awful songs better.

Example: I find Train's "Soul Sister" barely palatable. It triggers some sort of hate gland deep within me. It's the same sort of reaction that occurs whenever Jason Mraz is playing anywhere near my ears.

However, for some reason, when "Soul Sister" is mashed up with Owl City's "Fireflies", I find the result delightful.

Some favorites so far:
(Most of these are videos, but you can get them all in the "audio" section-- also there are a LOT more songs in the "audio" section.)



No comments:

Post a Comment