Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ways to inspire and motivate your employees

"When you are unhappy, is anything more maddening than to be told you should be contented with your lot?"
-Kathleen Norris

I work at a coffee shop. It shall remain nameless-- but its a typical coffee shop. Nothing special.

Negotiations began at 5:45am. I presented my reasoned arguments to my boss.

My boss said that he could probably give me some time around New Years off-- which would be great if I wanted to celebrate Christmas when everyone else had moved on to another holiday.

Negotiations ended at 5:47am. I probably wasn't going to go home for christmas. No one came in the store for two hours so I was left alone... up front... listening to Christmas music for two hours on the overhead.

Thanks, Boss.

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking, "Quit like a mo'fo'." People don't seem to understand they can't f*ck around with our Christmas.

    ReplyDelete