Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I just applied to what I think is the coolest school ever. It required that I send a resume and a letter of interest. The letter of interest will be what gets me an interview because my resume looks bleak and sad.

The letter of interest was honest-- but at the same time I felt like propriety was holding me back from what I really wanted to say. Basically I wanted to write them a torrid love letter explaining how much I love progressive education.

I think of this school as most children think of Hogwarts.

Before I applied, I stalked them on Wikipedia and apparently they have offered courses such as: History of the English Language, Art of Tibetan Religion and Culture, Messianic Archetypes in Film and Literature, Glassblowing, and ARCHERY. Seriously-- ARCHERY!

I would work at this school for free.

There have been several schools that I have applied to this year. Applying to all of these schools this year was awesome, though in that I found myself really excited for all of the jobs. After traveling abroad for three months-- I found myself wanting to share my experiences with everyone and not just through pictures (although my pictures are freaking awesome).

So... I'm probably going to go back to school.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?

    ....-AL SCHOOL?


    And PS, yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah having to accept school round 2 is not fun. i had someone say in a meeting the other night, the universe can close one door and open another, but the hallway can be a bitch. that is how i'm choosing to see grad school..with a bit more optimism :)

    your pictures are awesome...but you are even more awesome. i've always thought you'd be such a wonderful teacher. i'll be keeping you and this job in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete