Thursday, April 29, 2010

Frankenstein: A Cultural History by Susan Tyler Hitchcock is probably one of the best books out there right now. I admit a complete bias, though, in that I think the novel Frankenstein is perhaps one of the best books ever written (and the fact that it was written by a lady makes it even better-- BOOYA establishment!).

Anyway-- I'll probably gush about the book at a later date. It has so many awesome quotes and amazing observations.

For now, I just want to share with you a random quote. It is a blurb I found on a theater flyer in the book advertising a play based on the novel Frankenstein:

"In every age of the world woman's curiosity has been equalled by man's presumption, and one of the most astonishing events produced by the latter quality is related in Germany, that native country of every thing non- natural."

Seriously-- how many insults are nestled in that one tiny paragraph?

No comments:

Post a Comment