Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let me blow your MIND



I told my mom that we were going to rent motorbikes and putter about on Santorini and I got this in response:

Jennifer Ruth Chalikian,
BE SURE YOU RENT BIKE HELMETS FOR YOUR EXCURSION TOMORROW NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE THEY MAY BE!!!!!!!
Love,
Your Mother

I haven't been addressed by my full name in a while :) No worries, though, because we both wore helmets the entire time. We didn't actually get motorbikes because you need a motorcycle licence even for vespas/scooters. We did, however, get some sweet ATVs... which might have been better. They re tough/sturdy little things.



Anyway-- if you can, rent a bike or an ATV if you go to Santorini. They have buses but a) they run every two hours and b) they aren't a bike or an ATV. It really was the best way to travel the island. Around the island- there seem to be two different roads: one along the coast and one up further along the cliffs. Both are gorgeous and we got to meander through the island. There are a thousand different things to see and EVERYTHING is gorgeous on Santorini. We got to see the sunset by the bay and it was amazing.

It cost 10 Euro to rent one for the whole day and probably about 4 Euro to fill up the tank. After Mandy stopped driving like a grandma-- it was great! :)

2 comments:

  1. that email made me smile..it has been awhile since you've gotten the full name :)

    it looks like you guys had quite the adventure, i can't wait to see photos! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resent that.
    - NON-GRANDMA MANDY

    ReplyDelete